Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HP Interview




Today I didn't go to work. Don't ask me why. The only thing on my mind now and I'm excited about is my interview at HP company. I've been waiting for this for so long and now one of my dream companies emailed me. I am ready for the interview and I hope I pass the initial screening as Technical support. I practiced some of the interview questions in front of our mirror. I don't have any call center experience but my job on my present work is technical support and I think that matches my skills and qualification to be hired by HP.
As I leave home around 12:30 while walking I keep practising and practising. When I was on the waiting shed I ride on the bus going to AYALA MAKATI. I am hoping that along the way there's no traffic or any trouble will happen, but along Boni Avenue a team of KALIKASAN made smoke inspection on our bus at EDSA and unluckily one of our bus was caught. I am worrying that time if I'm going to leave the bus and catch another one cause its already 2:15 and my interview time was 3p.m..
Luckily I didn't leave cause it departed early. Around 2:35 I arrived at HP and look for Maricris Reyes the one who set my schedule for Ms. Grace Tanpoco. When I enter the office the guard guide me the way at the Maricris office. When I enter the room I thought it was Maricris but it was the manager Ms. Grace Tanpoco whose going to conduct the interview. We shake hands and introduce our name to each other. As we seated, I took a deep breath and made a sign of the cross (I know Ms. Grace saw me when I did this). The interview started with the question tell me about yourself?. Almost of my interview experience ask this and I answered it very well. She ask and ask almost five questions. I thought it was the interview already but when she said "okay, lets go to the real interview ". Oh man!, I was shocked cause I am expecting that we already started. The real interview part was difficult for me because you need to construct english words, sentence on your mind right away. She's going to ask you questions and relate it to your experience like, Among the aspects of your life What makes you proud of it?, Who among the person you made a feedback and what happened?, Was there a time when you volunteer? and what was the goal? achievements? experience you gained?, Tell me a time when you encourage someone to change?. These are some of the questions I remember.
The interview finished at 3:30 p.m.. As I evaluate my interview it was mediocre.
Well, I hope I get the job cause I'm not happy with my present job. Come what may, atleast I know where to improve myself that's why I begin to write my first blog! get it?. I had fun with the interview and it was the long interview I undergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment